Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manager -Fiduciary Tax Accountant is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely review and preparation of all clients’ filing of estate, gift, individual and fiduciary tax returns as well as judicial accountings. Qualified candidate will be able to work independently, supervise others and will have experience in fiduciary accounting, high end estates, filing 1041's, 1040's, 709's and 706’s, and fiduciary state tax returns. Advanced technical and research skills in a variety of tax areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required.
It is expected that our Manager -Fiduciary Tax:
- Review estate fiduciary income tax returns along with the decedent’s final individual income tax return.
- Review trust fiduciary income tax returns and individual income tax returns assigned.
- Analyze estate planning documents including wills, codicils and trust instruments to determine the proper treatment of assets and liabilities for tax purposes.
- Review accounting transactions, disbursements and receipts to principal and income accounts to ensure proper treatment for judicial accountings.
- Develop post mortem tax-saving strategies for the estate accounts.
- Review and research any tax situation that could affect the management of their accounts.
- Engage in special projects related to client matters involving tax accounting and consulting.
- Assist clients with other accounting related matters.
- Keep abreast of tax changes and issues that could affect our clients.
Competencies of our Fiduciary Tax Accountants:
- Demonstrates the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Identifies specific tax strategies for tax planning purposes.
- Applies complex tax concepts to the review of tax returns including analyzing information and identifying relevant issues and taking action to resolve issues.
- Effectively supervises staff, seniors and supervisors
- Skilled in Problem Solving i.e. generates and evaluates possible solutions to problems.
- Skilled in organizing people, projects, deadlines and work appropriately.
- Utilizes resources efficiently with a focus on the client’s need and the firm’s business strategy.
- Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Exhibits values, ethics, integrity and trust that are in sync with those of the firm and profession.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, taxation and/or other appropriate academic major, as well as CPA certification
- 10+ total years experience. At least 5 years experience in the preparation and review of fiduciary income tax returns.
- Knowledge of the preparation of trusts, estate, gift tax returns and trust accounting.
- Strong client interaction skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Working knowledge of GoSystem and Zane software a plus.